Tis the season of giving! This year has created a lot of new normals, but one thing that’s remained constant is the spirit of generosity. So many have donated, volunteered, and shared resources to help improve global transitions in health, safety, and compassion. We’re so thankful for all the spectacular charitable organizations out there who do this good work!
When considering where to direct your own charitable action this #GivingTuesday, however, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by that wealth of options. So, to help you refine your selection process, we offer some of our favorites:
From Sonja, our co-founder:
- Center for Spiritual Awareness, a meditation center in North Georgia.
From Marika, our digital account manager and business development associate:
- Social Change Atlanta, our local chapter of the national nonprofit committed to liberation and amplifying community voices through storytelling, organizing and direct action.
- Right Hand Foundation, who provides single mothers and children with long term housing, educational programs and infrastructure to prepare them for independent sustainability.
From Kylie, our social media assistant:
- The Trevor Project, a crisis intervention and suicide prevention organization for LGBTQ+ youth.
- The First Nations Development Institute, a nonprofit organization that assists Native American tribes, their communities, and Native nonprofits in economic development.
- All of the amazing nonprofits selected on the MONTERO “Baby Registry” curated by Lil Nas X as part of the Gilead COMPASS Initiative, which works to address the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the Southern United States.
This is of course not an exhaustive list of amazing goodwill organizations. We encourage you to research who caters to your local community, as well as widespread ones working on causes you’re passionate about. May you be the gift that keeps on giving. Happy holidays!