Tis the season of giving! This year has created a lot of new normals, but one thing that’s remained constant is the spirit of generosity. So many have donated, volunteered, and shared resources to help improve global transitions in health, safety, and compassion. We’re so thankful for all the spectacular charitable organizations out there who do this good work!
When considering where to direct your own charitable action this #GivingTuesday, however, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by that wealth of options. So, to help you refine your selection process, we offer some of our favorites:
From Sonja, our co-founder:
- The Center for Spiritual Awareness, a meditation center in North Georgia.
- Feeding America. I donate to this one from time to time particularly around Thanksgiving.
- I also enjoy finding projects on Kiva.org to donate to, particularly for women-owned businesses in African countries.
From Anneka, our marketing assistant:
- My non-profit organization, Show Me Shoes Foundation. Our mission is to rebuild confidence, starting at the sole. Our “Sole Supports” can support our mission by making donations here!
From Kylie, our social media assistant:
- The Trevor Project, a crisis intervention and suicide prevention organization for LGBTQ+ youth.
- The First Nations Development Institute, a nonprofit organization that assists Native American tribes, their communities, and Native nonprofits in economic development.
- The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, a global organization and movement fighting to end systemic racial violence.
- The World Federation for Mental Health, an international advocacy and education organization concerned with all aspects of mental health.
- The World Literacy Foundation, a global not-for-profit that works to lift young people out of poverty through literacy.
- The Earth Island Institute, a nonprofit organization supporting activism around environmental issues.
From Jordin, social media and marketing assistant:
- Just 1 Ministry, reaching a generation empowered by hope through using a sports and education platform to children in Honduras.
- St. Jude’s Research Hospital, advancing cures, and means for prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
- March of Dimes, fighting for the health of all moms and babies.
From Lenaya, our social media and digital marketing assistant:
- Atlanta Humane Society, helping Atlanta pets through our pet rescue services
- Atlanta Children’s Shelter, specializing in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of children.
- Atlanta Mission: The Shepherd’s Inn, a Christian organization transforming lives of those facing homelessness.
- Atlanta Community Food Bank, on a mission to end hunger in America.
- The Atlanta Women’s Foundation, the only public foundation in Georgia dedicated solely to help women and girls thrive.
- Habitat For Humanity, a nonprofit organization that helps families build and improve places to call home.
- PFLAG Atlanta, the first and largest organization promoting the health and well-being of LGBTQ+ people, their families, and friends through support, education, and advocacy.
- Open Hand Atlanta, an organization empowering people to live healthier, more productive lives and seeking to eliminate disability and untimely death due to nutrition-sensitive chronic disease.
This is of course not an exhaustive list of amazing goodwill organizations. We encourage you to research who caters to your local community, as well as widespread ones working on causes you’re passionate about. May you be the gift that keeps on giving. Happy holidays!